[SGVLUG] Unity

Christopher Smith cbsmith at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 20:40:25 PST 2011

Give it time... ;-)

It didn't strike me as absolutely horrible until I'd used it for a
day. The scrollbar stuff is annoying, the whole "one process per
button" thing was annoying, etc., etc.

I could see where it has some similar UI elements to a typical tiling
window manager, and it definitely tries to use screen real estate
efficiently. Honestly though, for a typical screen it saves you maybe
1% of the pixels (on a good day), and pays it back with some real
annoying usability issues.

Here's hoping it works for you. Unity would be mildly tolerable if I
believed it proved to make a lot of users happy.

--
Chris