[SGVLUG] Burning laptop anyone?

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 17:14:18 PDT 2006

> I had cheap laptop running linux but unfortunately, my kids left it
> on the
> shag rug and it literally burned up! I called the company, Fujitsu,
> and they
> claimed that everybody knows that a laptop will trap heat if left on
> a shag
> rug and that the heat will continue to rise until the system melts.

I serious doubt everyone knows that...

tho, there have been many reports of
laptops burning up all sorts of places...

including at conferences on desks.

My favorite... "Dude you need a Dell!" moment
(love the pictures.. lol that's gotta suck,
hope its backedup.)

http://theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32550

thanks!
matti