[SGVLUG] Unity

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Mon Nov 28 16:47:41 PST 2011

Braddock,

Are you still enjoying Unity? I tried it for quite awhile and tried to
give it a chance. I just found that Unity reduced my productivity
because I always had to be using the mouse. And if you have large
displays that can eat up time. Additionally, there were various bugs
that made it frustrating to have to hunt down one solution after another.

I actually just switched TO Awesome WM. I have used Xmonad for quite
awhile, but I find Awesome is a bit more featured (as a tiling WM) with
better out of the box behaviour than Xmonad. Plus I like the Lua
configuration versus the Haskell for Xmonad.