[SGVLUG] [OT] Movie night this week...

Tom Emerson starman9x at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 20:07:33 PST 2010

OK, "Tron Legacy" is coming out this week (I have a friend of mine
back east who is blabbering all over facebook about seeing the early
premiere /today/)  There was some interest in getting together to see
this on opening day - of course, does that mean the "midnight showing"
thursday night, or "some time friday when sane people watch movies" ?

watching this at Arclight (in the "pasaeo", or whatever it's called -
the pasadena mall between colorado and green) has some advantages -
reserved seating (which, um, means reserving the seats some time last
month I would imagine...), actual shutter glasses instead of
polarized-lenses (heavier, but nicer) and a bar (well, ok, maybe not
that great - prices are "up there...")

if not at the arclight, where would you recommend to see this?
(burbank/AMC's IMAX screen, perhaps?)

So:

1) who wants to go?  (reply to my address, or clutter the list and
I'll capture your address, and I'll send details off-list)
2) when? [thursday night or some time on friday, or even saturday]
3) where? (arclight, burbank, or ??? - remember, if arclight, we
should coordinate ticket purchases so we can get a block of seats
together...)