[SGVLUG] New Linux Tablet

Julie tearsea88 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 16:48:30 PST 2010

Hmm.. I can run an experiment and let everyone know (re:  wifi always on drains
battery).  Although I would imagine part of it has to do with the actual phone
model.  I know it was a significant difference when Apple changed their
algorithm for their iTouch wifi that it literally went from having the device
fully charged lasting a few days to less than 20 hrs.  (even if I turn it off
when not in used).  Highly annoying.  Nowadays, I switch the thing to airplane
mode when I'm not using it.