[SGVLUG] LCD monitors

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 18:44:27 PDT 2008

Hi,

LCD deals

watch slickdeals.net - watch the front page and forums

watch dealigg.com - I have also seen wall brackets for 1/2 off
listed there at times.

I have noticed that people will jump on a Dell System deal
posted on slickdeals.net AND then resell the entire
system OR just part of the system on ebay.
( sometimes you can get a great deal on a 2 monitor system, )
[ this is where you see a lot of New Dell stuff
[ on ebay i think.. not just the refurbished units..

Now, IF you can wait.. I would wait and watch for Black
Friday deals. (i.e. fri after thanksgiving.)

Personally I don't like waiting in the lines and the
hassles in the black fri morning attempting to find the right
items.. HOWEVER SOME of the deals will be available
ONLINE (U just have to be up at the right time
when the online deals become valid... ;)

anyways, for others looking at new systems,
BE WARNED that a LOT of new systems do not have
old style connectors... i.e. Parallel ATA (PATA),
nor extra power connectors, or the Power supply
is limited. I wanted setup a 2 monitor system
on the dell I have but I to find a Video card
which doesn't need additional power connector.
( most of the nicer cards need additional power :(
as the GPUs have gotten very powerful :)

best
matti