[SGVLUG] linux w/o broadband

jmd jmd8800 at charter.net
Tue Sep 19 15:47:03 PDT 2006

On Sep 19, 2006, at 2:10 PM, Claude Felizardo wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a linux distro that doesn't require broadband
> access to complete the installation?
>
> One of they guys here at work will be traveling overseas for vacation
> and is bringing a system for a relative who is a CS major.  Apparently
> she's been using a Pentium 1 so she just needs hardware, no software
> requests.  I suggested Linux but wasn't sure what distro to recommend.

it might be worth noting that some developing countries (such as
thailand) have programs in place where linux based systems are
promoted to the general public at quite reduced prices. one of the
articles i read had a few examples of advertising and cds were
included with the computer.

a localized distribution may also be of benefit to those users.

jeff