[SGVLUG] FC repository searches

Jeff Carlson jeff at ultimateevil.org
Tue Sep 12 15:54:16 PDT 2006

Mike Fedyk wrote:
> The main point that I can agree with after sifting through all of the
> emotional rhetoric is that RHL was not end of lifed properly.  They pretty
> much said RHL9 will end in 3 months and you should buy RHEL and you don't
> get any discounts if you bought RHL9.  Then 4-6 months later Fedora was
> born.

I seem to recall Fedora being announced at the same time RHL9 was
scheduled to be terminated.  My recall is that there was a path to
Fedora.  RH already had an enterprise product at the time, so it wasn't
such a shock to the system.  At least, this is what I remember.  Maybe I
wasn't paying attention, but it doesn't seem possible.  I remember the
president of the company I worked for asking me about this, I just
pointed at Fedora and said, "we'll use that, it's the same thing with a
different name."

> PS, I apologize in advance for using outlook and the sh***y quoting it does.

Assuming you don't have the ability to use something else (corporate IT
mandates can really suck some times) then look for a package with a name
like outlook fix reply or fix quotes or something like that.  Google is
your friend.  Make sure you only compose in plain text as well.  HTML
email is fscking lame.