[SGVLUG] FC repository searches

Jeff Carlson jeff at ultimateevil.org
Sun Sep 10 12:03:56 PDT 2006

Dustin Laurence wrote:
> I'm thinking of installing FC on a machine <pigs fly>.  Where in the Sam
> Hill is the page to search the contents of the repositories?  Most
> distros make it easy to see what's included.  In particular I'm trying
> to figure out how hard it would be to get ekiga (nee gnomemeeting)
> running on a FC machine.

yum list available
yum search <package>
yum install ekiga

Also try pirut (pronounced pirate).  I guess you could search the
contents of repositories by logging into one of the FTP mirrors and just
browsing the directories.  I'm not exactly positive what you're looking
for but I hope I pointed you in the right direction.