[SGVLUG] Java Study Group / November meetings

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 18:20:06 PDT 2006

On 10/27/06, Emerson, Tom <Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Do we have a topic or speaker for the General meeting?

Well I suppose I could give a short presentation on Port Knocking and
possibly on Wake-On-Ring.  Don't think I'll want to lug my server in
to demonstrate the latter but I should be able to give a live demo of
port knocking using my laptop.  Don't see that taking up much more
than 30 minutes but I might be able to expand on it by talking about
using IPTables in general.  Anyone have any nifty rules/scripts to
detect and blocks probes on the fly?  Actually, if anyone has more
experience with IPTables please speak up.

Alternatively I could talk about my Linux powered weather station but
I was hoping to get my pressure sensor back online but perhaps I
should do it now before I start a major rewiring project.

claude