[SGVLUG] Java design patterns

Robert Leyva mrflash818 at geophile.net
Thu Oct 26 13:18:48 PDT 2006

> On a more advanced note:
> I'm working on a project on my own to get my Java skills beyond the
> "hello world" stage. This has a DBMS component. My question is should
> I embed the SQL stuff in the object classes or segregate them into a

If I may, I would suggest looking at the J2EE design pattern called
DatabaseAccessObject (DAO)

http://www.corej2eepatterns.com/Patterns2ndEd/index.htm

I tend to feel that learning design patterns is a great intermediate step
once the basics have been learned (because that is what I did).

--
"Knowledge is Power" -- Francis Bacon

Robert Leyva
mrflash818 at geophile.net