[SGVLUG] Starting a Java Study Group.

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Oct 26 11:36:21 PDT 2006

-----Original Message----- Of Lynette Yung

Having a discussion during the Devsig which is held on a weekend kinda
defeats the proposal to having the Java Study group during a week night.
IMHO.

Maybe we can have a discussion during the next SGVLUG  general meeting
since the attendance is greater at that time.
==========================

Yes and no -- the point behind discussing it at devsig is that it is a
topic aimed at developers, so the devsig meeting (and perhaps the devsig
list) would be a more appropriate place to discuss this.  Admittedly, if
you cannot make the devsig weekend (or any weekend at all), you'll have
to voice your concerns by proxy [posted to the list or tell someone who
plans to attend]

I fully expect that any actual "group" that forms from this discussion
WILL meet at a time and place different from both the "devsig" and
general meetings -- as I said, once a month is probably too low a
frequency to be worthwhile for anyone seriously interested in Java.
Something intensive, like three or four nights in a row, might work, but
only for a very tiny group.

We'll certainly mention this at the main meeting, (and plaster it all
over our website I'm sure ;) )