[SGVLUG] Does anyone know someone important at JPL or Cal Tech for a 15 hour Intership ? VERY URGENT!

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Tue Oct 10 14:39:16 PDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 08:11:33PM -0700, munjal thakkar wrote:

>    Hi  guys,  I was wondering if anyone had any contacts at either of the
>    two  places,  as  I  have  a  friend who needs to require their senior
>    project with 15 hours of intership at either places because it relates

Hmm.  You don't say if this is a High School or College Senior project.
It probably matters.  You also don't say anything about the subject--the
best way to do a sr.  project is likely to contact a professor in a
relevant field interested in such a thing.  You can find all the faculty
and their research interests on the 'Tech web page.  I might have
suggested a name if you'd given specifics and I happened to remember
someone in that area.

It's probably not a great idea to commit to something like this until
*after* identifying a faculty member who has agreed to do it.  Further,
the best sort of faculty help is going to come from someone who will
have a lot of suggestions that could change the proposal anyway (for the
better).  They're also more likely to agree to do it if they are
involved at least informally in designing the project and it's goals.
It sounds like the approach may be a bit backwards.

Dustin