[SGVLUG] testing

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 11:51:55 PDT 2006

On 10/3/06, Claude Felizardo <cafelizardo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mike, remind us how the list works again.  Are the sgvlug.org and
> sgvlug.net using the same mailing list or are they slightly different?
>   Can we email to either or should we only use one from now on?

There is only one list sgvlug at sgvlug.net as the list started before we
got control of sgvlug.org back from DNS register.

> I'm still subscribed using two addresses (this one and my work
> address) but not clear if I am allowed to post to either the .org or
> .net mailing list.  I had posted something on the 27th and never got a
> copy to my work address so I wasn't sure it had gone out until I asked
> Dustin who said he remembered seeing it but didn't have anything to
> add.  I think we were having DNS problems last week.  Looking at my
> mailman settings for the work account, it says I have a bounce score
> of 1.0 out of 5.0.  What does that mean?  Does that mean one bounce or
> more?  How recent?  How long before it resets?

 I don't know anything about a dns problem(reading again maybe you
were talking about on your side). But a couple of weeks ago one of my
companies mail servers(which sgvlug's email gets routed through) got
listed in a automated spam black list which caused lots of people's
email to start bouncing. I think the bounce count resets every 30
days.