[SGVLUG] SUSE abandoning ReiserFS

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Mon Oct 2 17:38:02 PDT 2006

> -----Original Message----- Of Dustin Laurence
>
> This surprised me, maybe it will surprise someone else too:
>
> [link to SuSE dropping ReiserFS]

Hmmm... Being the major SuSE player in the group, was that intended for
me? ;)

Surprising, perhaps, but given the reasons outlined in the post I'm in
agreement.  (and given the posting a few days ago about his wife, less
surprising than it would have been otherwise)

The "one thing" I really liked was resizing-on-the-fly -- does ext(n) or
XFS/JFS support this as well?  [or is this actually an artifact of using
volume groups and LVM?]