[SGVLUG] SUSE abandoning ReiserFS

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Mon Oct 2 13:04:59 PDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 12:48:33PM -0700, Solomon K. Chang wrote:
> --- Dustin Laurence <dustin at laurences.net> wrote:
>
> > This surprised me, maybe it will surprise someone else too:
>
> Nope not surprised here.  Seems to be a lot of police activity surrounding the
> disappearance of his wife, Nina.

[[...]]

> even though they officially claim he is not a suspect.  It's enough to destroy anyone's
> work performance.

No, it almost certainly has nothing at all to do with that.  This is
about reiser3, not reiser4.  The page I linked to points out that
neither Hans nor most of his crew have been working with reiser3 for a
long time--it's in deep maintenance mode.  If his productivity is
affected, it's reiser4 that will suffer.

Dustin