[SGVLUG] [SEMI-PLUG] V for Vendetta (was: CAcert Web of Trust?)

Jean Chen narsil at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 07:42:20 PST 2006

On 3/30/06, Dustin Laurence <dustin at dogbert.laurences.net> wrote:

> (I'm frightened that I know any of that, but I used to have friends who
> were comic fans.

Me too.  Oh wait, I'm a comic fan!  :)  I didn't know that about Moore, though.

> > ...The people in my program (a social science
> > program) who have seen it also dislike the politics,
>
> Then maybe I'll like it. :-)  Seriously...social science departments
> usually have painfully predicatable political correctness litmus tests.

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that these people aren't a
representative sample... I hang out with them, so you'll have to
adjust back for the fact that I get along with them.  Unless you
secretly hate my politics!  :)  If you do it's okay, I don't mind.

Also, one of the students is a comic fan, probably a bigger one than me.

> Perhaps that's why serious comics tend to be rather politically
> incorrect--those views are more ruthlessly censored from "respectable"
> genres, but lowbrow genres fly under the radar of the academy.

I agree.

Jean

In a world where I hadn't slept for only 2 1/2 hours last night, I
might have something more to say.  :( :(

--
"Optimism can make you look stupid, but cynicism always makes you look
cynical." -Calum Fisher