[SGVLUG] Kororaa live CD with XGL

Dustin Laurence dustin at dogbert.laurences.net
Wed Mar 15 09:56:03 PST 2006

I haven't burned it or even checked the md5sum, but last night I
downloaded the Kororaa live CD which has been making such a splash the
last week or so.  If anyone wants a copy but won't have downloaded it
already by the next meeting, I can easily put some copies in the Box O'
Linux.  Just give me an idea of how many.

For those not reading the usual geek news, Kororaa is a live CD with an
X server based on xgl, which basically means it's all drawn in
accelerated 3D.  Supposedly it does wobbly, translucent,
glitter-and-buzzword-enabled windows snappier than current X servers do
plain old windows (you need a half-decent nVidia or ATI graphics card,
though, and yes for you purists it has to use the evil proprietary
drivers).

Anyway, let me know if you want me to burn some copies for the box.

Dustin