[SGVLUG] portability with svga

juanslayton at dialup4less.com juanslayton at dialup4less.com
Tue Mar 14 07:45:51 PST 2006

     If you're on the dev-sig mail list, you've already seen this; I just want a bit more coverage.    (Hit the 'delete', Mike.)
     I'd like to ask a favor of anyone who has time or interest.  I have written a short set of utility routines for 3rd grade students that I am now reworking for portability to other machines and distros.  A simple binary (titled 'preview') can be downloaded from http://www.dialup4less.com/~juanslayton and run on a terminal screen.
     Some of the routines are dependent on ncurses, one uses the svga library.  The latter is the one that seems to have portability problems; it is titled "Say When" on the program menu.
     I would greatly appreciate anyone who would try to run this and send me a bug report.  Such report is likely to be no more than "runs" or "won't run" on _____________(distro).  My direct e-mail address is juanslayton at dialup4less.com.

John