[SGVLUG] non-narcotic Nyquil...

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Mar 1 17:12:26 PST 2006

With the recent topic suggestion of "pgp" [or gpg, if you prefer...] I decided to do a little reading on the subject.

Should you ever find yourself mindlessly pacing the floor at 3:00am and unable to sleep, might I suggest this link:

http://www.scramdisk.clara.net/pgpfaq.html#HDPK

note that it is a bit dated -- 1999 to be exact...  (they talk about using 10 billion "state of the art" computers to break a single key in 50 years, but "state of the art" is quantified as a 450mhz PII -- are we ahead or behind the Moore's law curve on this?)