[SGVLUG] FC3 and sata

Barry Torgerson bctorgerson at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 1 11:17:54 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----

Matti,

I ran FC3 when it came out w/IDE, then switched to a SATA drive with no problems.
As long as your M/B bios allows SATA drives, ie., use SATA w/IDE emulation, you *shouldn't*
have problems. When I started loading FC3(and now FC4), it loaded a SCSI driver first, which
apparently is how SATA drives are handled.

Barry Torgerson
PUSD/ITS Field Services
(626)255-6045(if you need to call)