[SGVLUG] What do people think about video taping SGVLUG meetings?

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 10:50:25 PST 2006

--- Michael Proctor-Smith <mproctor13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well the subject really asks the question. But I go to the socalwug
> meetings and they have always taped there meeting and made them
> available on the internet, and have been very popular. That has lead
> me to ask myself why doesn't sgvlug do that.
>
> So does sgvlug not do it for particular reason or has no one just
> volunteered to lead that effort? I was think that lately that
> video.google.com would be an easy/cheap(meaning free) way for us to
> get the necessary bandwidth and hosting for the videos. I in my spare
> time work for a public access tv station so have access to pretty
> nice
> cameras. So as the subject said what do people think?

fyi -

things to consider

a) Somethings people may not want to talk about
if they are being recorded. (certainly there have
been a number of items I would not have brought
up in the meeting if they were recorded.)

b) Some presentors may make $ from their
presentations (teaching or otherwise) and
may want not to be recorded.

c) We want MORE people to goto the meetings,
not less. Live video taping encourages people to
stay at home and watch....

since I am in a dark mood today at work
I will leave the pros to someone else today ;->

best
matti

ps - I am not saying I am against vido
taping, just that there are issues.