[SGVLUG] New Linux Lug

Dustin Laurence dustin at dogbert.laurences.net
Wed Feb 15 17:00:03 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 04:53:17PM -0800, Jana Lingo wrote:

> The Route 66 LUG has been dead for at least a year. The only other LUG
> I know of out that way is LUGIE in Redlands.

I wish them well, but the new lug may have a hard time of it.  The name is even
less descriptive than "Route 66", and I just about didn't even bother to follow
the link to find out where it was.  Worse, Linux is more mainstream than it
used to be, and I fear that some potential members will be turned off by
the 'freaks' term.  Not everybody's sense of humor goes that way.

Dustin