[SGVLUG] Job for kernel expert in Dallas, Texas

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Mon Feb 13 12:22:22 PST 2006

This posting may be too late but I received a job search email from a
recruiter where where no mention was made of any LUG.  So they may
have filled the job by now.  One reason I neglected to read it until
now was the subject: Linux Kernel Experts.  Seeing the subject I even
suspected spam.  I'm way behind on my email but I do scan the subjects
of incoming mail and read/respond to the important ones.  I've deleted
about 2/3 of this including qualifications regarding ability to
communicate with others, work hard, etc. and hype about how great it
would be to work for this Co.
			David Lawyer

Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:04:57 -0600
Position
Work with a team of engineers to modify and enhance the Linux kernel
for an embedded Linux appliance.  For example: [snip]

Qualifications
o	Requires exceptional C programming abilities.
o	Must be able to write, modify, port device drivers (RTC,
Network, SATA, etc.)
o	Knowledge of Linux kernel bootstrap for embedded systems -
especially MIPS CPU.
o	Experience in security technologies (PKI, SSL, etc.) and
vulnerabilities.
o	Expert knowledge of network layer and networking APIs (kernel mode).
o	Possess expertise with TCP/IP at the protocol level as well
 as its usage ("Socket API").
o	Strong background with IPSec, IPv6, Ethernet, technologies
 (implementation, enhancement, debugging etc.)
o	Ability to design and implement new APIs for communication
 with user space applications.
o	Good working knowledge of Debian Linux.
o [snip]

Salary:   75K - 100K+ . . . Also, Stock Options.

Thank you,
Sarah Ferguson
Riccione Resources, Inc.
972-407-1900 x29