[SGVLUG] OT - Sexy 'booth babes' banned at game show (E3)

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Fri Feb 3 10:22:44 PST 2006

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, David Lawyer wrote:

> First of all, to conserve energy, the temperature for a winter show
> should be kept low so as not to waste heat.  Thus only a fat scantily
> clothed booth babe will be able to stand the cold without shivering
> :-)

David,

Not to be too graphic on such a family-oriented list, but the temperature
is all part of a carefully-worked out plan, as is the weight of fabric
used for costuming.  Don't interfere with pros at work.

I believe there is also an emergency research project involving mist
sprayers and white cotton, but publication is awaiting further, ah,
*review* of the data.

> ...The people in the booths should be selected based on their
> knowledge of the subject and ability to explain it, not on their
> outward appearance or sex.

What if the booth subject is "hot nubile starlet wanna-bes who date
neanderthal hunks and wouldn't otherwise give the likes of you the time of
day?"

> If you're going to have booth babes, you might as well also have booth
> guys to appeal to lonely women and gay men? :-)

You must be thinking of the Linux show that isn't for desperate straight
young men who appear to have all too much time on the weekends to plan
conventions.  I believe they will be meeting in one of the smaller booths
at the nearest starbucks.

> Furthermore, many booth babes are used to promote video games and I'm
> very much opposed to such games.  They waste a lot of time and
> sometimes condition people to violence.

Agreed--people should play such wholesome pursuits as bumppo and the Irish
pub version of singlestick, maybe even schlager fencing if you're the
cold Teutonic sort. [0]

Dustin

[0] I'm betting few people on this list can describe all these games,
especially bumpo.