[SGVLUG] OT - Sexy 'booth babes' banned at game show (E3)

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Thu Feb 2 22:45:14 PST 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 04:13:23PM -0800, Don Saxton wrote:
> After considerable thought, I am pro booth babes. I suggest an ad at
> CalTech for "SCALE booth babes."

Well, now that I found a definition of "booth babes" I'm opposed.
First of all, to conserve energy, the temperature for a winter show
should be kept low so as not to waste heat.  Thus only a fat scantily
clothed booth babe will be able to stand the cold without shivering
:-)  The people in the booths should be selected based on their
knowledge of the subject and ability to explain it, not on their
outward appearance or sex.

Furthermore, many booth babes are used to promote video games and I'm
very much opposed to such games.  They waste a lot of time and
sometimes condition people to violence.

If you're going to have booth babes, you might as well also have booth
guys to appeal to lonely women and gay men? :-)

			David Lawyer