[SGVLUG] Burning laptop anyone?

Todd Cranston-Cuebas Todd.Cranston-Cuebas at Ticketmaster.com
Tue Aug 29 23:39:09 PDT 2006

I can see why the photos are funny, but in reality it's really not that
funny. I tried this on my IBM laptop from work and when placed on a normal
shag carpet, the heat did really build up fast. I'm not sure that it would
burst into flames, or even melt, but I wouldn't want to test it out again. I
now have a nice brown spot on a beautiful pure white carpet and a melting
machine. It really could have been a disaster.

Fujitsu's response was less than adequate.

Todd