[SGVLUG] Ubuntu .VS. FC5 as servers

Matthew Gallizzi matthew.gallizzi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 10:46:13 PDT 2006

Greg,

I would choose Ubuntu. It's Debian based. apt-get rocks. I started out on
Mandrake 8.2 ... up until the first Mandriva 2006 release... and I can tell
you right now, I never plan on converting back to an rpm based system
(unless the masses are, then I could possibly take a look). I have been told
that Ubuntu is just awesome. Hardware support, ease of use, tools, etc. If I
had a choice, I would go Ubuntu. The only reason I use RPMs is because some
servers I manage have RHEL.

--
Matthew Gallizzi