[SGVLUG] dslextreme server email port 25

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 09:16:36 PDT 2005

On 10/24/05, Greg Stark <gstark at electrorent.com> wrote:
> I now remember the discussion.  I didn't realize dslextreme was the ISP.
> Ah, remind me please.  You agreed and they turned it On, and then Off,
> because they saw to much volume?  Did they email you?  Do you still have a
> copy?...
>
> I am just preparing a server which will be on dslextreme's network.  I'd
> like to know who to contact there ...

Well I did not deal with them. Someone else at my company did, I only
know that we asked for port 25 to be open it was for a while and then
was closed and there response was that we must send through there smtp
server. But they have a limit on how many emails can be send per
hour/day. The limit is to low for a single messages to be sent to this
list.

I am not bashing DSL extreme you can not beat the price and they have
been super reliable.