[SGVLUG] E-mail "stamps" -- someone finally did it, it seems...

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:36:18 PDT 2005

On 10/24/05, John Riehl <jcriehl at mail.jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Emerson, Tom wrote:

Ok just so everybody knows dslextreme will not let us use outbound
port 25. So I send sgvlug.net's email over a vpn to our server that
can use outbound port 25. All mail from sgvlug will come out throght
mail.realtybrokeroffice.com.

> In the case of spindel56, he apparently generates two messages back for
> each one in.  If you whitelisted him, and sent back each message, .....
> Because he seems to be doing this on his client system, any potential
> systemic problem should be limited by the size of his mailbox.  (any
> other messages get dinged by the system, and the error message is not
> from him....).

Well I looked at these messages and there is something weird going on
as while messages from spindel56 at comcast.net claim to me coming from
smtp.comcast.net there ip address is a dhcp address at caltech. The
reason we are getting 550 when we send to spindel56 at comcast.net is
that it probably does not exist.