[SGVLUG] Mondo backups on "mondo" tape drives

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Oct 19 10:01:56 PDT 2005

It is kind of both -- my post certainly was a "new" thread, but the "discussion" actually started at the general meeting last week -- Dustin gave a quick overview of "Mondo Rescue" and pointed out that in researching backup/recovery solutions, he found quite a few [previously un-collected] links worth sharing

> ... [on the topic of] properly configured DNS
> records for a mail server.  Specifically the PTR records, which if
> missing will cause my mail server to hang up on the caller.
>
> So how do I campaign to get that fixed?

I think you just did, but of course this should be it's own thread :)  But for the rest of us "clueless" sorts, would you be willing to talk about it at a meeting [for maybe 10 minutes -- we like to have a short item, like the backup talk, to allow for those that miscalculated the delays associated with thursday-night traffic]