[SGVLUG] Are SOPA sponsors about to make themselves felons.

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 10:36:05 PST 2011

Wow! What corruption we have in Congress.
The more I read about this bill, and the actions of the House Judiciary Committee the more I think we really need to turnover many sitting in congress..

The House Judiciary Committee today held an important hearing on the Stop Online Piracy Act with a hugely stacked deck of witnesses—Google's lawyer was the only one of the six to object to the bill in a meaningful way.

..

The Consumer Electronics Association, which was apparently denied a chance to participate in the hearing, also pulled no punches. "The bill attempts a radical restructuring of the laws governing the Internet," said CEO Gary Shapiro. "It would undo the legal safe harbors that have allowed a world-leading Internet industry to flourish over the last decade. It would expose legitimate American businesses and innovators to broad and open-ended liability. The result will be more lawsuits, decreased venture capital investment, and fewer new jobs

..

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/11/at-web-censorship-hearing-congress-guns-for-pro-pirate-google.ars