[SGVLUG] SOPA/Protect IP bill moving forward to gut DNS security

John Kreznar jek at ininx.com
Thu Nov 17 03:23:01 PST 2011

In a posting purporting to be from Braydon <ronin at braydon.com> but
lacking a digital signature, it is written:

> On 11/16/2011 11:50 PM, John Kreznar wrote:
>>> fyi - perhaps now is a good time to contact your congressperson...
>> ... or apply technology to defend against them:

>> http://freedomboxfoundation.org/learn

> I'm curious how they are going to handle this portion:

> "If our internet plug is pulled, the box will use mesh routing to talk
> to other boxes like it."

Here is a selection from their mailing list that gives something of the
flavor of current discussion there of this portion.  It also provides
subscription information for the mailing list if you're interested.

Incidentally, that the author of the posting is John Gilmore gives an
idea of the caliber of people involved on the project.

This particular posting is also interesting because of the recent
discussion here of OpenWRT.