[SGVLUG] Saturday meeting

bobjaffray at juno.com bobjaffray at juno.com
Sat Jan 2 09:18:34 PST 2010

BJ: I remember it being scheduled for tomorrow.

BJ: I caught a cold and will not make it.

BJ: Also, about 3 weeks back Harold had a stroke,
wound up in the hospital, and is now at home, under
outpatient therapy. He can't drive. Lining up the
instructor for PHP fell through. Both Harold and I,
however, have the Apache server up and running under
Windows and have both installed PHP 5. So we are
ready to go under that setup. I suggest others also
install Apache and PHP 5 and get them up and running.

BJ: Also a quick review of HTML would be good. I also
suggest downloading the tizag.com tutorial (unless
LearnPHP or technopedia are preferred). In my
opinion we do not need to go slavishly through a
tutorial as though we did not know any programming
languages. The constructs are about the same. We
only need to absorb the nuances of PHP syntax and
then concentrate its special features.

Bob