[SGVLUG] MS bing trojan in systems!

Tom Emerson starman9x at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 13:08:49 PST 2010

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but from a thread dated tomorrow, I
found the following:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/security-center/virus-trojan-spyware-help/resolved-hjt-threads/439598-google-bing-redirects-search-links.html

In summary, search results, regardless of source, are being redirected to
bogus sites.  Thread comments point to a rootkit being involved.  Similar
threads mentioned possible hijinks with the "hosts" file.