[SGVLUG] Google clears calendar?

Tom Emerson starman9x at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 21:27:47 PST 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Matthew Campbell <dvdmatt at gmail.com> wrote:
> No data was lost, just offline.  I guess it is a great testament to the
> service that I was surprised.  I guess I'll let them have a few seconds of
> downtime over four years of free service. ;)

just "thinking out loud" here, you mentioned you wanted to look up
calendar items from 4 years ago - do you think, by any chance, it was
demoted to "near line storage", and when you requested it, it caused
some robotic tape-loader to actually pull the tape and re-load the
data?

[ok, maybe not a tape, but perhaps an actual disk drive had to be spun up...]