[SGVLUG] What linux calendering programs do people like

Tom Emerson starman9x at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 10:18:47 PST 2010

Robert - you're talking to geeks - not many of us have enough of a life to
need a calendar in the first place :)

Seriously, though, I've started to look at Google's calendar (online
therefore accessible everywhere)  previously I've dabbled with the KDE
"PIM", or personal information manager/suite (integrates kmail and the
native KDE calendar)  Thunderbird has "lightning" as their calendar, which
I've toyed with as well.

One thing that is nice about Google's calendar is that it can take a feed
from other websites or data sources and integrate the results all in one
place.  You could, for instance, create one calendar account that imports
the calendars of everyone on a team or project, then see at a glance when
you could schedule meetings.

You can also embed a google calendar into other websites (I've done this
with the SGVLUG calendar - go take a look)