[SGVLUG] Can SQL even do this?

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Oct 31 17:29:00 PDT 2008

Hmm... yes, perhaps promoting it from time to time at meetings and/or on
this list would be a good idea [as we're down to 2 people who regularly
attend, or is it 1?]

If you run your wayback machine to wednesday, you'll see a brief note
from Mr. Slayton: "It's at the Pintoresca library this Saturday at
1:00."  We probably need something more enticing than that :)

Yes, "Dev-SIG", or "The Developer's Special Interest Group" as it's
fully known, is SGVLUG's secondary meeting -- orginally intended for the
more intense discussions at a more nuts-n-bolts level than what we cover
at general meetings (for instance, at the general meeting a presenter
might talk about a script he has for backing up his system; at Dev-sig,
we'd go over it line-by-line)

The reality is that, as you surmised, it's a hodgepodge of just about
any topic, "developer related" or not, and sometimes even HARDWARE
developer related [John has an ongoing project to connect multiple
wireless keyboards up via their USB dongles onto a single computer --
each one worked great as he was testing by himself, but when he had his
wife type on a second keyboard at the same time, well...]

But, that said, you don't need google to find out about it -- it is
listed on our homepage just under the "general meeting" information.
The link takes you to this page:

http://www.sgvlug.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&section
id=11&id=33&Itemid=52

Which has more complete details about the group and meetings