[SGVLUG] Linux User Group

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Oct 23 15:19:31 PDT 2008

-----Original Message----- of Steve Delgado

Hi,
My name is Steve Delgado and I'm web design teacher at Salesian High
School in East Los Angeles.  Personally I'm very interested in
Linux/Unix and open source technologies.  I also moderate the computer
club on campus and I was wondering if I could bring in high school
students to LUG meetings.  I haven't personally been to one but I would
like to start going and bring some guys from the club.

Our main focus as a club is on using open source software wherever
possible around the school.  Our computer lab is as ad hoc as it can get
and I wanted to rebuild it into a proper computer learning lab. I also
hope to meet some experienced users that may be able to consult and help
up with this project. The kids as eager to learn and I think it would be
a great experience for them.

If you feel like us coming to meetings is a good way to start our
project I would love to bring.

Sure, no problem -- the room we are currently using is a moderate sized
classroom, and we typically have at least 20, usually 30, and sometimes
50 members who attend in person, so keep this in mind before you charter
a dozen busses for a "field trip" ;)

I've copied our user group's e-mail list in case anyone would like to
get in touch directly.