[SGVLUG] October speaker? Anyone? Buelller?

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 19:07:17 PDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Charles N Wyble <charles at thewybles.com> wrote:
> So let's do all of the suggested topics.
>
> Lightning talks if you will.
>
> EC2
> Linux at Caltech
> Squeezebox
>

> Rae Yip wrote:
>>
>> I've got one of the newer Squeezeboxes. They're slick.
>>
>> I don't have my own weather station though; I just get it from the
>> Internet. :)
>>
>> -Rae.

I'd think that a EC2 demo would take at least an hour.  A squeezebox
demo might take 30 minutes if that.  Don't know how long a talk about
the Seismo lab would take.  We might be able to squeeze 2 of the 3 and
still allow some time to talk misc stuff.

Rae, what model do you have and would you want to present that as well
as talk about Seismo lab?

I was thinking of loading the latest version of the server software on
my laptop (I'm still running 6.5.4-1 at home but I see that 7.2 is now
available.  Then demonstrate the various clients (both the classic
model and a streaming client app) and point out the various features
such as the Web control.  As for the weather station, I use the
Weather Underground plugin to access my data.   Perhaps you could
bring your model and we could demo multiple clients?

claude