[SGVLUG] October speaker? Anyone? Buelller?

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 11:10:32 PDT 2008

I'd be interested in either the Amazon EC2 demo or how Linux is used
at the Caltech seismo lab.

I was going to offer a demo of a SlimDevices Squeezebox Classic if
anyone was interested.  It's basically a mp3 player that plays
streaming music from either your PC, the internet or even some NAS
boxes.   It's since been replaced by newer models but it does have a
nifty display and of course I have it report data from my weather
station.  Just let me know in the next day or so to give me time to
prepare like install the latest server application on my laptop.
Otherwise I can save it for another meeting.

claude