[SGVLUG] OT - fixing CRT monitor vs a new LCD one

Robert Leyva mrflash818 at geophile.net
Mon Jun 9 16:30:22 PDT 2008

For what it is worth:

I have a A70 17" Viewsonic monitor.

My wife has a 19" widescreen LCD monitor.

I have a KillAWatt meter.

Power consumption of the 17" CRT while actively using it: 90watts
Power consumption of the 19" LCD while actively using it: 30watts.

I even posted my findings at http://mrflash818.livejournal.com a month or
two back.

...worth thinking about, as energy costs go up, etc.

--
"Knowledge is Power" -- Francis Bacon

Robert Leyva
mrflash818 at geophile.net