LUG Your Junk (was Re: [SGVLUG] Good monitor repair shop)

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Thu Jun 5 13:44:42 PDT 2008

Somehow this reminded me of a possible LUG activity.  It's not so easy
to dispose of old electronics junk, and if you don't have much it's a
pain to drive to the center.  We could collect the stuff some meeting,
if we had volunteers to truck it to the HazMat disposal site on the
following Saturday.  I will be making another trip at some point anyway,
though not before I go on vacation.

Some observations:

I think there is a weight limit for one person to dispose of, probably
to discourage businesses from dumping stuff.  That would be an annoyance
unless they made an exception for us, as we're just collecting up from
individuals.  They actually might, provided we talked to the right
person and not a know-nothing 'phone droid.

This would work well in conjunction with "SGVLUG swapmeet night," which
someone suggested.  "LUG Your Junk" is a pretty good name for either
activity or both together.

It would also work well in cooperation with other LUGs.

Dustin