[SGVLUG] Asterisk

Don Saxton dsaxton at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 28 09:05:21 PDT 2006

I have had pretty good success setting up and using asterisk with a fxo
card I got from x100p.com Last week I was on the east coast and could
use a iax softphone, idefisk from asteriskguru.com

I working with someone in Kona, HI to set up another pbx there. We will
connect those pbxs to one in SF through IAX.  I think the first hard
phones we will try will be Grandstream. One goal is to export the
technology to a bunch of non-profits strung out over the US, Canada and
then other parts of the developed world. The point is to improve their
communications and ability to work together.

One problem that I haven't dealt with effectively is to choose some sip
to pots and pots to sip providers.  Does anyone have any guidance?

Another problem is SIP. It seems to easily connect on 5060 but have
problems in the RTP port range. Has someone found a good diagnostic tool?