[SGVLUG] Linux Boot Disk with Wine?

Todd Cranston-Cuebas Todd.Cranston-Cuebas at Ticketmaster.com
Fri Sep 15 14:57:55 PDT 2006

Has anybody ever heard of a CD-Based boot disk for linux (i.e., stick it in
my Windows laptop CD drive and boot in linux) that supports WINE? The reason
I'm asking is that I have a very old application that won't run in new
Windows XP Home Edition box (which I hate but my kids needed for school).

The app really wants to run in Windows 3.1 or Windows 95 and the
compatibility mode in Windows XP doesn't do the trick. The software hasn't
been updated since 1999 so I'm stuck with being unable to run it unless I
keep a large, clunky old PC under the desk.

I thought it might actually work in WINE but I'd need a distro I'd prefer a
distro I could shove in the drive and boot up with.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Todd

Todd Cranston-Cuebas
Manager of Technical Recruiting
Ticketmaster <http://www.ticketmaster.com/careers/>
8800 W. Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Phone: (310) 360-2436; Mobile: (310) 422-3347
tcc at ticketmaster.com <mailto:tcc at ticketmaster.com?subject=Clicked the Sig of
Todd Cranston-Cuebas>

Available
<http://jobsearch.iac-careers.com/jobsearch.asp?col=dtcl&co=xcityx,xtmukx&q=
&vw=b&sort=rv> Ticketmaster Positions

Join the Ticketmaster Job  <http://www.jobster.com/view.html?i=BUZRTYFJFHUO>
Network! Your dream job is just a click away...