[SGVLUG] Penguin from "Back East" looking for the Meeting

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Thu Sep 14 12:15:38 PDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 11:56:44AM -0700, Mic Chow wrote:

> I'm am old Penguin from "Back East."

Welcome to the land of eternal sunshine. :-) (Well, OK, there's a marine
layer today, but that's hardly "real" weather.)

> kind of know where Caltech is, but don't know my way around Caltech or
> what the parking is like for the meetings.  I live in Pasadena, but work
> out of Burbank, so I will be coming from Burbank on the 134.  Any help
> for the lost?

Hmm.  Exit at Hill, go South ten blocks or so.  Turn Right on
California.  On your right will be the campus.  The first stoplight will
be a residential street that T's into California from the left; the
building we meet in is just beyond it on the right; look for double
glass doors opening onto a concrete landing a couple of steps above
street level.  Find a place to park and come on in--if there are no
spaces on California try the side street.

The door stays locked due to 'Tech security policies.  The room is next
to the door and we try to monitor it but if we don't hear you, don't
give up.

Dustin