[SGVLUG] Possible demo tomorrow

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Wed Sep 13 14:15:54 PDT 2006

OK, I'm playing with re-doing my desktop and also with the GPartEd live
CD, and the latest GPartEd release has some neat abilities.  I'm not
promising anything because I don't have tons of time, but I might be
able to do a fun little demo tomorrow (assuming we still need to fill
some space).

I thought I might just install Linux on a Microsoft Windows machine with
one big NTFS partition covering the disk without adding another disk and
with only open-source tools and without (it looks like) touching a
command line (i.e. the problem people used to buy Partition Magic for).
The more interesting that is to people the more likely it is that I'll
actually come prepared to do that.  So...who cares about it?

That also depends on whether I can actually find a Microsoft Windows
install disk in order to set up an example system; I think there is a
W2k disk somewhere, I know I don't have XP (which is maybe the better
demo, since it's a newer version of NTFS) but Teresa might be able to
snag one at work.

Dustin