[SGVLUG] FC repository searches

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Sun Sep 10 14:59:52 PDT 2006

On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 02:16:21PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> Such is things with RPM based distros.  There are things like rpmfind
> and various other listings of packages, but I really can't recommend
> them since they don't actually point you to repos, just individual packages.

Someone on #sgvlug pointed me here

http://www.fedoratracker.org/

Which did the job pretty well--apparently Ekigia is in the main distro,
which as far as my usage of FC is concerned is the Right Answer.

> This is one area where the RPM distros should work together to fix the
> search and incompatibility problems.

Either that or move to .debs. :-)

It's especially odd when the obvious advantage to RPM-based distros is
easy package availability (though I think any advantage there is largely
an illusion as far as Debian and maybe Gentoo are concerned).

Dustin