[SGVLUG] Java study group

George R Jaffray, Jr bobjaffray at juno.com
Thu Oct 26 10:30:56 PDT 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:00:27 -0700 "Jana Lingo" <jana.lingo at gmail.com>
writes:
> !
>
> On 10/25/06, George R Jaffray, Jr <bobjaffray at juno.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 07:40:59 -0700 "Joel Witherspoon"
> > <joel.witherspoon at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > A Java study group would be great. I'm definitely interested.
> >

> > On 10/24/06, Robert Leyva <mrflash818 at geophile.net > wrote:
> > >

> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > (clearing throat) I may be of some small help with a Java Study
> group, as
> > > I have been a paid J2EE programmer since 2000.
> > >
> > > My attendance may be erratic though, if history is any guide...
> but I
> > > would be glad to help share what little I've been able to
> learn.
> > >
> > > This link might be a little helpful too, but might be a bit
> advanced for
> > > those learning "Hello World" in java.
> > >
> > > http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/index.html
> > >

> > > Sincerely,
> > > Me
> > > --
> > > "Knowledge is Power" -- Francis Bacon
> > >
> > > Robert Leyva
> > > mrflash818 at geophile.net
> > >
> > > BJ: I would like to learn "Hello World" in java.
> > >
> > > Bob Jaffray
> > >

>  public class HelloWorld{
> public static void main (String[] args)
> {
> System.out.println("Hello world!")
> }
> }
> Probably not what you were looking for.... Slow day at work

BJ: It's a start. Of course, since I haven't looked at
Java, it means little, except to show that the syntax
and elements are much like other languages.

BJ: So the next step is to find out what they mean.
I took C once upon a time, and used it with
Coherent (remember that). I never got to C+.
And in any case don't remember much (as usual).

BJ

P.S. I hope we can at least discuss the Java
study group at the next DevSig, rather than postpone
it to some weeknight.