[SGVLUG] Anyone interested?

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 10:24:02 PDT 2006

On 10/20/06, Robert Cole <robert.cole at support4linux.com> wrote:
> With a growing family I'm finding I have less and less room for computer
> stuff and need to get rid of two 2U rack mountable servers I built. I
> used them as Gentoo linux systems. Both are built with top qualify Asus
> boards. One has 512 mb or ram and the other 1 gb and one with 70 gb of
> hard drive space and the other 160 gb raid.
>
> Before I put these on ebay I thought I'd check with you guys to see if
> any would be interested in them. If you're interested send me an email
> and we can talk offline and I'll give you full specs and such.
>
> Robert

If its rack mountable, can't you put it in a closet?   I assume you
have no basement.

A friend of mine thought he could convert his rack server case into an
end table but his wife didn't approve - something about the cables and
loud noise coming from a piece of furniture in the middle of the
night.   We thought of an aquarium stand but water cooling wasn't in
yet.

If you do decide to put it somewhere, make sure it doesn't share a
wall with the clothes dryer!   doh!!